Wednesday, March 16, 2011

FURNITURE MAKE OVER

Through my entire life I have always been given hand me downs since I am the so called "baby" of the family.  Therefore as a teen I was given my sister's old bedroom furniture set.  I still have the furniture because I can't afford a new set and it doesn't seem like my parents are going to buy it.  So one day I decided to redo the furniture and accent it in my in my favorite color, teal.  I bought the paint form Lowe's and tried to find a close color to the original trim paint.



Here is the funiture how it looked before very plain and trimmed in a very light teal almost baby blue. 
Next after finding the paint color, I also found new knobs since the old ones were either broken or kept falling off.  I went home afterwards and cleaned and stripped all the furniture of its handles including the desk, dresser, and night stand.  It took me approximately two to three days to finish painting and puuting on all the new twenty three knobs.



Redoing the furniture was really a success and improved the traditional style of the pieces.  The paint color blended well with other paterns and color already in the room.  Also when my sister saw her old furniture freshly painted and redone she told me she wanted it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment