Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Purple for Winter 2011


This pass weekend was extremely busy for me.  I had two birthdays to celebrate, a fashion show, make sure I went to church after all my fun and of course school work.  However, through my weekend I began to notice a strange occurrence of one very popular color.


I went to shop at the mall for a gift and a party dress for my sister's birthday.  I was looking for a particular style of dress, just a simple dress fitted with long sleeves in a solid color.  I didn't want to overdue my look for my sister's birthday because it was her day to shine.  Therefore, the first store had the dress but it was almost see through, that was a "big no no."  Continuing on to the second store, they didn't have the dress I was looking for but, I fell in love with this Purple one shoulder strap dress.  It was the cutest little cocktail dress for a party!  Although, it wasn't what I was looking for so I asked to put it on hold and I continued my search.  After an hour of more shopping I could not find anything to top the purple dress, everything else was rather boring and dull.  I found my way back to the second store and bought the purple dress for the party. 


Every since this experience in the beginning of my weekend buying this purple dress, I swear I began noticing purple everywhere.  I went to my fashion show on Saturday, and to my surprise all the hair and make up team were coordinated in purple.  They had on either purple shirts, scarves, dresses, or a vest.  It was so stylish and very cute to see a team so well coordinated in their purple.


Finally, its Sunday time for church and I decided that well since purple has been so popular this weekend that I was going to wear my purple tights with a cute black dress and boots.  I get to church, find a seat and sit down but with no surprise a lady sits down in front of me with a silky purple shirt.  As church continues, during communion I get the chance to see everyone's outfit.  The ushers come up to help, one lady has on a purple dress, a man has on a purple shirt coordinating with his wife that also had on a purple scarf, another member walks by with a striped suit in shades of purple, and then I finally notice there is a little girl that also has a jacket striped in purple. 


Either I'm going crazy over purple and noticing it everywhere, but I'm pretty sure I can say Purple is "in" if men are wearing it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment